Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Hiatus

I'm back, a day later than I expected. I spent a good deal of yesterday feeling very sorry for myself--the excesses of the holidays caught up with me, laying me low for the day. I even missed a holiday party! Bummer! However, today I was able to get out of the house long enough to swing by Borders. The whole world is a better place when I have books.

I picked up Kim Harrison's latest (in paperback), Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (a new author for me, so I'll let you know what I think when I read it), and Reading Like a Writer: A Guide for People Who Love Books and Those Who Want to Write Them by Francine Prose (another new author for me). I picked up Prose's book partially because it was on super-duper sale, but mostly because its enormously long subtitle made the book sound like it was written just for me. (I've just looked at Prose's picture on the back of the book. She looks like she's auditioning for a depression ad. You can bet your (fill in the blank) that I'll be smiling, if not grinning, in my author photo! Her picture on the link attached to her name above is a little better.) I'll let you know how this book turns out, too.

The last five posts of the year will be the promised year-end tallies. Tomorrow: writing-specific tallies. Like I said, I'm rather excited about these. I hope they give you a little insight into my life that you might otherwise not receive from these posts.

No comments: