Friday, December 12, 2008

12 Days of Shopping Left

I don't know why it never occurred to me that some scenes might take longer than a day to write and longer than 1,667 words. It simply didn't. Today, I wrote 9 pages and I didn't even get from one end of the scene to the other. I blame Rose, Madison's coworker, who's back on the scene for the first time in about 150 pages. She's a talker, and she likes to tease Madison. It takes up space. Good space, I hope, but space nonetheless.

It also just occurred to me that today is already the 12th. Not only does that mean that I should be done with this book in 6 days (hahahahahah), but it also means that there's only 12 days of shopping left before Christmas! Ahhhhh! I haven't even started!

Something tells me I'm going to be getting some more "research" time in at the mall. Hopefully it'll add more humor to the busy mall scenes in Book 2 and be present-productive.

No comments: