Sunday, December 21, 2008

Guilt: Surprisingly Motivating

So I sat down to write a blog about how guilty I was starting to feel because I hadn't written at all this weekend, and then I decided to do something about it. An hour later, I have another 1,948 words and I've almost reached 90,000 words total. Nice.

I've had a really nice weekend that involved so many of my favorite things: seeing a friend from LA, going to my favorite nursery/cafe (and eating some chocolate-beet cake), tasting at my favorite winery (and buying a bottle), browsing through my favorite used bookstore (and buying a handful of books for me--after being on somewhat of a book hiatus, I'm thrilled to have new fantasy novels!), seeing my family, watching a little Buffy, and, finally, writing. It's been a full, fun weekend. I'm feeling really blessed and loving it. Here's to hoping you had a similarly kick-ass weekend.

No comments: