Sunday, December 7, 2008

Goddess Wisdom

I have a set of Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards crafted by Doreen Virtue, PhD. which I enjoy using for guidance and for fun. They're beautiful cards with inspirational and fun advice. They're also strangely accurate when asked a question (I treat them much as someone might a deck of tarot cards). While I was unhappy at work, I kept getting Goddess cards that suggested I follow a new career or take a leap of faith toward my dreams. When I quit my job and started on my new adventure where I am following my dreams and writing more, I started pulling Lakshmi's card almost daily. The saying written at the bottom of the card is "Stop worrying. Everything is going to be fine." In the little booklet that comes with the cards, the explanation that goes with Lakshmi's card includes this line: "This is a kind universe, and everyone within it is working in your favor."


I was shocked the first time I read this description--for several years now, I've firmly held the belief that the Universe is working with me and helping me achieve what I want. In fact, I had the phrase "The Universe is on my side!" printed on my checks. It was like the card was speaking my own words back to me.


To remind myself of the wisdom of the goddess Lakshmi (and to show my gratitude to the Universe), I recently purchased a print of Sue Halstenberg's artwork on the card (seen here). I'm hoping to get it framed very soon, but it's hanging unframed until then in my dining room, reminding me to go for what I want without worries.

No comments: