Tuesday, May 26, 2009

NON Results: Nearly Everyone's TBR Piles Were Smaller Than Mine

I was feeling pretty normal when the first few comments from last week's NON contest came in. The question was: How many books are currently physically in your TBR pile? (Or something close to that.)

The first several people had anywhere from 45 to 200 (though I guess that people with round numbers didn't actually take inventory). That seems about right, considering I had 62. It seems normal. I was feeling rather justified, especially with Cody, who gives me those looks when he finds me in a bookstore with a new armful of books. You know those looks, right? The ones that say, don't you have plenty to read at home? Of course, the answer is yes, but just not the ones I want to read currently.

Anyway, all was going well, and then all these rational-minded people started commenting. The people who don't allow themselves to get too many new books until they finish the ones they have. The ones that list 7, 8, 10, 15 books in their TBR pile. The ones that made me look bad.

Then I realized that they're most likely jealous of me and my fine library/personal bookstore. Then I realized that I was being silly, because it's late and I've been at this computer for over 10 hours today. Good night, folks.

Don't forget to scroll down a couple entries and watch the movie I made. I'm very proud of it.

No comments: