Thursday, May 14, 2009

No Summer Vacation

Cody's out of school now. He attended his final day of school for the foreseeable future. It's a bit bizarre. For the last 23 years of my life there's been a "summer vacation" as part of it, either mine or Cody's. Now it's normal work all year long for the both of us, and the most wonderful part is that I love what I do, and it doesn't feel like an endless cycle of drudgery.

It definitely helps that my job allows me some days, even weeks, off to focus on my writing. It helps that the job I do still feels like fun. It helps that Cody just got a great full-time position with vacation days and sick days and the works. This is the first time in our nine years together that we're both in a really good place with our jobs at the same time.

It's like I've won the lottery, only a lottery of my making. Now if those numbers I picked come in...ah, that'd be utter bliss.

No comments: