Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Poll: Are We Entitled to Happiness

I read in an article recently that (I'm paraphrasing) "the younger generation feels a sense of entitlement to job satisfaction." It was stated as if to say, "these young people have never had to work for anything and they still think they deserve to always be happy." I found it a bit offensive and a bit amusing. Aren't we all entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Doesn't that include happiness at our jobs?

Please take the poll on the right and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

TikiBird said...

I voted "no" in the poll, not because I think that people should slog away at dissatisfing jobs (I don't think that, of course), but because the word "entitled" causes some problems for me.

People have the right to pursue jobs that satisfy them--so if that's all the question is asking, then I should have voted "yes." :)