Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hand Cramps

I was feeling inspired today after I finished writing a synopsis for Madison 1, so I sat down to storyboard out Madison 2. Two hours and a massive finger/hand/arm cramp later, I know the whole story! I have to go back in and make a few tweaks, but for the most part, it's done! That means that when I sit down tomorrow to work on Nano, I'll know what scene I'm writing next, and the one after that, and it'll eliminate a lot of guessing. It also means I get to look forward to certain scenes now that I know they're coming. It's like looking forward to the good parts of your favorite movie, but seeing them for the first time (if that makes any sense).

I am, however, not Nanoing today. For two reasons. The second is that I'm almost two days ahead of my required word count, so taking a day off is technically okay (meaning I won't be having a guilty fit about it tomorrow). The first reason is because that hand/arm cramp is no laughing matter. Pushing my tendons beyond their stress points will only lead to prolonged pain. I know this from too much experience. So they get get tonight off.

No comments: