Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope you've all stuffed yourself on the very best foods and are enjoying the wonderful company of those you love.

As befitting of the holiday, I thought I'd share a blog-theme-specific "Things I'm Thankful For" list, specifically, authors I'm thankful for (in no particular order):
  • Jacqueline Carey (for great characters)
  • Jayne Ann Krentz, Laurell K. Hamilton (for ongoing inspiration of success)
  • Dr. Christiane Northrup (for breaking free of the male-oriented approach to women's health and then sharing it with the world)
  • Anjali Banerjee (for reading my blog post on her book Invisible Lives and taking time to chat with me via email a few times)
  • Regina Thomashauer (for making things fun)
  • Dr. Mona Lisa Schultz (for her insightful works, and for the advice she gave me--advice that led me to the happy place I'm at in my life right now)
  • Diana Gabaldon and J. K. Rowling (for breaking the norms in the publishing industry and proving that it's a good thing to think outside the traditional scope of genres)
  • to the plethora of authors whose books have given me inspiration, pleasure, and a delightful escape into a different world over the years (to see a full list, visit my website)

No comments: