Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas Music Comes Early

In an effort to continue to get into the right mood/setting for Christmastime at the mall, I've been listening to Christmas music while I work on Madison. I suppose it's not that early to be listening to it. One of the local radio stations is already playing all Christmas music, all the time. People are going to be going out this week to get their trees. A little Christmas music in November isn't going to hurt me. Especially since I didn't have my usual Christmas music in July craving this year.

I've been using Pandora for the music, but I've found that unless I know specific artists and songs, it starts to play a lot of non-Christmas music in the mix. It also lets you reject only so many in an hour, so let me know if you have any good suggestions that I can add to the Christmas station I've created. All holiday songs are welcome.

I finally got to my first clue of the big enemy in this book today. Okay, technically I wrote myself a note for the scene where I'll get to it tomorrow, but I'm pleased. The fact that I'm over halfway through the book and just touching on this reminds me that I'll have a bit (read a lot) of editing to do at the beginning of the story, but that's the way these things go. The more novels I write, the better I'll get at beginnings, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I is too early for Xmas music..
But, I do think the season will bring many new ideas and flavor to your writing.
Looking forward to book 2!!!