Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tentative Theory

I have a new theory I want to run by you all. First, you have to believe (as I do) in the law of attraction: that what you think about, you bring about. So if you're always telling yourself that you can't find a good man, you'll find yourself surrounded by losers. If you say things like, "I'm losing my mind," you will/are, but if you profess, "I've always had incredible luck with real estate," you do (much like Mr. Murdock). It's a bit more involved than that (yes, that was sarcasm), but you get the point, right? If you're thinking about all the good things you have, you attract more good things.

So what if large quantities of people are thinking about all the good things you have, and say, they're all happy that you have so many good things--does that increase the amount of good things that come to you?

I started thinking about this a while ago, noticing how celebrities, especially those that are loved for their personalities, like Oprah or Anne Hathaway (as opposed to those who are loved for their sensationalism like OJ Simpson or Paris Hilton), seem to reach a point in their career/life where everything they want seems to open up before them, and all they have to do is say, yes, please.

Now, I'm not saying that these people aren't working for it or that they don't deserve it. Instead, I wonder if there's simply something extra going on in the whole law-of-attraction way when a single person becomes "known" to a great many people, and all those people are now rooting for them, enjoying seeing them happy, just as those famous individuals are rooting for themselves. Does it open up a wider channel, say, from the Universe to them?

Of course, this is all highly unscientific, unless we're talking quantum mechanics, and I'm not qualified to do that. Obviously none of this can be proved, but my answer to the question is yes. I think that part of being famous and having so many opportunities for great things in your life has to do with the greater manifestation of the law of attraction at work (suddenly you're meeting the people you need to meet, being in the right place at the right time more often, etc.). If ever there was a better reason to want fame than to want to have more people rooting for your happiness, I can't think of one.

What do you think? Do you think I'm being too deep for a Tuesday? (I know you do, Cody.) Do you believe in the law of attraction?

No comments: