Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm Ready

I spent this morning looking back over all my world-building notes. I've got to say, I did a really good job. I've also got at least three more plot ideas for future novels, some that can happen any time and some that are very specific. I understand the world Madison is just realizing is all around her--the magical one--far better than Madison does, which is a big plus. In fact, I'm ready to start the rewrites. Hooray! Third time's the charm.

After spending the first half of the day working on Madison, I spent the second half outdoors. A friend and I toured a few local nurseries. The weather was gorgeous, the sky perfect (there were some clouds passing through--a good sky, in my book, always has a few clouds to a blanket of clouds), the plants were soothing and pretty, and the company was great. Were I not in possession of a calendar, I have thought today was the first official day of spring.

All in all, it was such a great day, it feels like a Friday, and that's actually a good thing, because it means tomorrow is a bonus day. (Trust me, when I had my soul-sucking job, my thought process was much different, but now that I love what I do, having an "extra" day is wonderful!)

Happy spring!

1 comment:

TikiBird said...

Aw, shucks, thanks. My little guy and I had a great time exploring the wilds of Loomis with you!

Would you believe I forgot how much I liked plants? LOL I ended up buying a bunch of new plants (including some of the spooky black grass, oooh) yesterday, and had a marathon planting session. Now my long-neglected alleyway is the spiffiest on the block, if I do say so myself. (If only the inside were as clean....)