Friday, April 3, 2009

Four Hours Down

I decided that while I'm temporarily out of work, I should work my minimum "work" hours on writing. This means about jack-diddly to most of you, but basically what it boils down to is I promised myself four hours of work on Madison today. And I did it!

I'm about 10 pages into the rewrites. I say rewrites, because I'm redoing a lot of the first chapter to make sure the action and story start on page one (not on page 15 or page 30, where it's been in the past edits). A lot of what I did today was collect the pieces together, writing the new segments by hand and referencing what I've already written when it fit.

Ten pages doesn't seem like much progress, but I'm really happy with what I have. Tomorrow, I'll type up what I wrote today, but I don't have a set hour minimum since it's Saturday.

I also ended my day with an aerobic workout, so I'm pretty much wiped. I think it's time for some TV.

No comments: