Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Distraction

I've been uncharacteristically absentminded lately, doing silly things like getting lost in my own home (forgetting where I was going), getting halfway through a task then undoing it before I finish (like getting the toothbrush and toothpaste out, then putting them back before brushing my teeth), darting away from the middle of a task to jot down a note or two in the office.

The culprit: a new story.

In actuality, it's not completely new. If you remember me commenting earlier in the year about a completely new story that wanted to be written, right then, inconveniently in the middle of my Madison edits, that's the one I'm talking about. The reason for it's resurface: I've decided to write it for this year's NaNo!

I originally planned to complete Madison #3, but then I realized that unless I sell Madison 1 with a three-book deal between now and November, it makes a lot more sense to be able to shop another series or just another book. So this one finally gets to be written.

No comments: