Thursday, February 4, 2010

Haven't I Already Done This?

For the last week, I've been working on Madison again. Reworking Madison. Specifically reworking the opening of Madison. It feels like deja vu.

I struggled with this decision for a few weeks before I leapt in. I talked it over with myself and then with Cody to make sure that it made sense. It did. It still does.

The story needed to start faster, sooner. Just by a little bit. But to do that, I need to rework the first twenty pages. Again.

It started off slow. I was in Aria mode. I was building another world. It took a moment to reawaken my inner Madison. And then it took a little longer to tweak my image of a secondary character to make them fit my new vision.

Now it's going along pretty well. I like the changes. I'm saving the old draft, but so far, I'm liking this new one better. But it all boils down to a big sigh every time I look at my calendar and see my writing notes once again saying "Madison, Ch 1/2 edits."

No comments: