Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Year of Reading

I have crawled from the piles of blankets and tissues and have returned to a half-version of myself. A cold attacked with a vengeance this week, taking down Cody and me. As far as times to get colds go, it was well planned: we didn't have anything in particular to do, and sleeping, watching TV shows and movies, reading, and playing video games was a pleasant way to pass an otherwise miserable time. We're both feeling better now, and I'm feeling well enough to post for the first time in five days.

I haven't had a chance to look at other people's end of the year summations, or really to make many of my own. However, I have taken the time to flutter around my reading spreadsheet and take a look at everything I read in 2009. There might be more elloquent ways to sum it up, but being fond of the quantitative view of life, here's my reading life from 2009:

Total books read: 73 (yep, this is a new record even for me. I'm not looking to "beat" it this year, but I was shocked to realize that I read that many books.)

By genre:
  • 27% fantasy
  • 21% paranormal romance
  • 12% mystery
  • 12% romance
  • 10% fiction
  • 8% nonfiction
  • 10% other

Number of new-to-me authors: 31

Number of new-to-me authors who have become auto-buys: 8

Most books read in a month: 9 (August)

Most books read by a single author: 10 (Janet Evanovich)

Authors read muliple times:

  • Jacqueline Carey
  • Janet Evanovich
  • Jayne Ann Krentz
  • Jennie Bentley
  • Katie MacAlister
  • Kim Harrison
  • Laurell K. Hamilton
  • Lora Leigh
  • Terry Goodkind
  • Todd McCaffrey

No comments: