Friday, September 18, 2009

Cudos to Principals

I just finished watching a KVIE documentary on two different principals and their schools. Principals work hard! Cody, who was somewhat amused by my immediate emotional attachment to the lives of these people I don't know, asked me at the end of the show if I now wanted to be a principal. I didn't even have to think about my answer:

No way, no how.

It takes too much. Too much soul, too much heart, too much time and energy. It takes a certain kind of person to put that much of themselves into their job and come away feeling good and happy and pleased with what they do. I'm so thankful there are people out there who are replenished by being principals (and teachers and social workers).

Writing replenishes me. Getting to express my creativity is incredibly rewarding for me. By no way shape or form does it take that kind of energy from me, though. Goodness, I have so much respect for all of you who choose to go that route!

No comments: