Monday, July 13, 2009

Madison Success

I sat down today feeling decidedly uninspired to work on Madison. I chalked it up to one of those things that sounds better when you're not doing it (like most adventures—I imagine that the people who climb Mt. Everest get a lot more enjoyment out of planning and later telling their tale than they do during the arduous climb and mind-numbing, body-mutilating temperatures, but I digress). I started distracted after a plethora of morning chores that multiplied every time I finished one, and I finally pushed it all aside to work.

I wrote for 3.5 hours today and got 3,200+ words of a new scene down. It felt great. I went out for some exercise immediately afterward and figured out a few bits that I'll need to change before I go on to write the next scene, but it's so much easier to change and add to a scene that's there than it is to start fresh, so I'm not too worried about that. All in all, I'm feeling very pleased with myself. Today was definitely a success!

No comments: