Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mistborn Bliss

I finished Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn an hour or so ago. I sat down here to dissect my feelings about the novel as a whole now that I finished it, and I'm rather disappointed with the conclusion: I've nothing really to say. I loved it. I loved the characters, the setting, the magic, the amazing world he created, the ending—everything. I can't think of a single controversial comment, a flaw to point out, or a disappointment to bring up.

It's not a bad thing to love a book, but it doesn't make for an interesting discussion. I guess the most I can say is this: If you like fantasy, try out Mistborn. I've already purchased the second in the series and plan a back-to-back reading (and it's a rarity for me to read the same author two books in a row, but I can't wait to find out more about the characters!).

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm going to have to try it now!

Rebecca Chastain said...

I've read two Brandon Sanderson novels; MISTBORN and ELANTRIS. ELANTRIS was his debut novel and it knocked my socks of as a debut. Of course, people take years and years to perfect debut novels (or they can), and I'm always curious about the next novel they sell, which they don't typically have years to work on. MISTBORN proved Sanderson is a fantasy author extraordinaire. Which is pleasing to no end, since he was selected to finish Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. (And if you haven't read the Wheel of Time series and you like epic fantasy, you're in for a treat!)