Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Over Halfway Done

Apocalyptic
Photo courtesy of Calvin Merry
All has been quiet on the blog front for far too long. Unfortunately, with editing, there's not a lot of excitement. At least, not for anyone other than me. I get excited when a scene comes together or when I find something I wrote funny. The best is when I find a line that I love and I'm so pleased I wrote it.

Here's one:


"The elephantini had sounded science fiction enough for me. We'd just moved into apocalyptic thriller territory."

I love this line because:
  1. the action just got more intense
  2. in answering some ongoing questions, a vast, new, horrific world of possibilities now plague my characters
  3. I always have wanted to write an apocalyptic thriller.
This novel, despite the quote, is not a thriller. It's a comedic adventure with some paranormal elements. But maybe if I put it out there, in print, all my ideas for my apocalyptic thriller will converge into an actual story, and not just fragments of short stories.

And in a side note, I'm more than halfway done with this round of edits. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read it!