Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy NaNo WriMo Day!

Faye Progress:
72965 / 90000 words. 81% done!

Congratulations to all the people participating in NaNo WriMo! Today is the first day of your mad-dash adventure to 50,000 words in the month of November and, hopefully, a novel you can polish up and sell afterward.

After three years of being an active participant, I'm not taking part in NaNo this year a reason I feel everyone in the NaNo community would support: I couldn't wait until November to start this next novel.
I've been working on it now for a month and a half, and going strong, writing six days a week. That's a solid 41 hours of writing in the month of October. It's amazing how an hour and a half each morning can add up.

In celebration of NaNo, today I wrote 11 pages in two hours! That's a record number of pages in one sitting for me on this book so far. I think my all-time most number of pages in a sitting is 19, and I don't remember how many hours that took me. I'm proud, but I'm not going to expect the same speed every day from here out. It'd be nice, but it's not worth adding that kind of pressure to the creative process.

No comments: