Friday, October 15, 2010

One Month and Counting

Faye Progress:
47332 / 90000 words. 53% done!



It's been one month since I started writing Faye, and having typed 47,000 words / 158 pages is a good feeling. Were this during NaNo WriMo, I would have failed the 50,000-word challenge, mainly because I took five days off during the last month. Still, an average of 1,577 words a day isn't bad at all!

As usual, my worries at this point aren't what's going to happen next or if I'm going to have enough novel. My worry is that I'm going to have too much novel. I'm not to the halfway point in this story yet, but I'm beyond the halfway point in my word count goal.

Of course, when I say I'm worried about it, I mean that it occurred to me, but not that I'm going to do anything about it. Not at this point. When the novel's done, I'll see what I can trim from the beginning. I'm sure there'll be plenty, if my history serves me. Or maybe the middle sags. Or at least the middle of what I've already written, because what I wrote this morning was pure action and so much fun. Writing days like today make me crave the day I get to do this full time—and that there were great, big, fat royalty checks rolling in every quarter.

No comments: