Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Idea Files Are Brimming

Source
I'm so excited by my next project! Wait, you say, aren't you still editing the novel you just finished writing. Yep. Still chopping 20 words from each page. Still debating over every single word. Still putting in the hours every day. But that just means that my creativity is free to explore ideas unconnected to this book without any censoring or plotting.

No critic. No agenda.

That's a vast, free place to exist in. 

Which means that while I'm excited to work on my next project, I don't really know what it'll be yet. However, I do have a plethora of options. In no particular order:

  • magical mirrors
  • wildcats
  • time travel
  • mutant carnivorous grass
  • telepathy
  • psychics
  • post-apocalypse Earth
  • (water) ship / spaceship
  • a grumpy dog
  • steampunk or a variation of my own making
  • historical women in the flesh
I honestly don't know which of these will meet up in the next novel. Maybe all of them. Maybe none of them.


For now, I'm not making any decisions. I'll keep jotting ideas down and daydreaming. There will be time later to cluster the ideas into a novel.

No comments: