Thursday, April 29, 2010

Writing as I Like

I've gotten back into the swing of writing after my wedding. Today makes the fourth day this week, and I did four days last week. That's a total of 19.5 pages of progress! Man, that feels good! I'm back to working an hour a day, and whatever I produce in an hour is what I'm happy with. Some days that's 2 pages, some days it's close to 4.

The wedding break did make me very aware of one thing I currently take for granted: I don't have any deadlines. It's only me, here, toiling away at a dream, and if I need a break, I can take it. There's no one breathing down my neck, no people expecting me to produce, no publishing house who has announced a release date that I need to stick to.

I desperately want to be in the position where I have deadlines (and money coming in), but for now, I will think the Universe that I was able to easily fit in my wedding and that my daily writing sessions can be measured by time spent and not pages achieved. I think the lack of that stress right now is nice. I yearn for it, but in the meantime, I'm going to savor being free to write when and how I want.

No comments: