Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Little Gratitude

I had a whole post written where I spent the entire time complaining about having too many things I want to do and not enough time. Which is a rather boring post, not to mention a common complaint that, while I'm sure it's something you can all relate to, it doesn't make for fascinating (or fun!) reading. However, rereading that post made me realize something: I've got a lot of things to be grateful for. Here's a small list that (mostly) pertains to writing:

*I have a job that provides enough money to support me, with regular 9-5 hours, so I can write in the evenings and weekends (and not need a second job).
*I have two great stories written that merely need polishing before I sell them.
*I have a lot of free time to work on my writing (and whatever else comes up) because I don't have kids or a dog or family obligations or (fill in the blank here). In fact, I have so much free time, I've been able to explore my desires and find even more things I want to do (hence the previous complaining email).
*I've got loads of great book ideas, including ideas for non-fiction books.
*I have great family members who support what I do and what I want to do.
*Cody was considerate enough to take late classes three nights a week and make me realize how much I can get done in an evening (and how much I appreciate it when he is here!).
*I live in America where I can do anything I want to do.

So while I temporarily fell off the blog-posting bandwagon to wallow in self-pity as I overwhelmed myself with trying to fit too many fun things into too little time, I hope to begin posting more regularly again.

Until then, what are you grateful for?

4 comments:

TikiBird said...

Nice post. :) I am glad for beautiful weather, daylight savings time, and cute fluffy dogs at the new dog park by my house!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am grateful for my loving partner, my two tiger sized cats, and that I can eat ice cream any time I want. Oh, I am also grateful that the universe provides me with limitless opportunities.

Unknown said...

What a lovely post! Yay for positivism! I'm grateful for a husband that no love limits, a family that I adore, friends that never cease to amuse me :), and general good health.